Operations Manager/Station On-Air Personality
Wyoming radio cluster is looking for a Full-Time Operations Manager for its 4 radio stations located in Sheridan Wyoming. This individual will oversee all aspects of the on-air programming operations for this market. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will:
• Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
• Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Legend policies.
• Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
• Perform on-air as a station personality either live and/or via voice-tracking.
• Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of the station.
• Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
• Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, “tight,” on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of “dead air” or “audio collisions.”
• Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
• Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app-based systems.
• Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
• Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
• Work with station promotions to maximize digital assets including websites; social media presence; and other emerging technologies.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management
• Knowledge of digital automation systems (Audio Vault knowledge and experience a plus).
• Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.)
• Ability to solve problems with creativity.
• Ability to understand and program to the conservative listening audience.
• A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, a strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
• Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a “streamlined” operation.
Open 5/18/2021 and until filled.
Send Resume and on-air check to General Manager Brady Safranek at email@example.com Legend Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.