Story By: Spencer Porden
Firefighters from Sheridan Fire-Rescue and Goose Valley Fire Department responded to a fire on Long Drive in Sheridan on Sunday. Around 11:25 a.m. firefighters were paged to a structure fire. They arrived to find a residential structure with fire in the basement area of the home, primarily in the chimney.
Firefighters were able to suppress the fire quickly, with minimal damage to the structure. The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation, but fire officials suspect that buildup in the chimney is to blame.